Tuesday, February 5, 2019

HELPING HANDS!


    WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 6TH., 2019
                    HELPING HANDS

      Thursday will mark 3 weeks since my
wife had food surgery to correct a troublesome
bunion.
       Regular readers already know that I have
been trying to handle many of the chores she
would normally take care of without any
problem.
       I have made a few mistakes. I allowed
her to put her foot down and sit on the porch
awhile while the sun warmed it Tuesday,
Unfortunately, for me, the sun's warming
rays also illuminated the dust under the couch
and she spotted it. Had to get the broom and
the dustpan out!
       I have burned one finger and one thumb
on hot pans. Nothing serious. Just reminders
there are hot pads in one of the kitchen drawers.
I have now located them.
       Meals, as you might expect, have been the
biggest challenge. I've been doing all right,
especially with scrambled eggs and grilled cheese
sandwiches.
        Fortunately I've had some helping hands
when it comes to the daily menu! Our pastor's
wife has provided several delicious dishes and
in such quantity that I'm now able to offer left
overs!
        My son delivered a breakfast sandwich
when he brought our grandson the other day
and my daughter-in-law brought both soup and
chili prepared by her Dad!
        My granddaughter stopped at Moe's before
she visited Tuesday and brought a whole separate
order for my wife. And since that offering isn't
what I'd normally choose I finally got to open
and fry some of the Spam I originally thought
we'd be living on during her recuperation!
         I now have plenty to carry us through the
final days of her "off the feet orders." We're
all good!
         Hope I can keep the sun from shining in
under the couch and that all your NEWS is good!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment