Friday, February 1, 2019

HOME MOVIES!


       FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 1ST., 2019
                HOME MOVIES!

     I've spent the better part of two full
days watching home movies. I've been
recording home video from back in the
days before video tape or digital
photography. Back to the days of 8mm
movies.
      I love reviewing birthdays, picnics,
graduations, school concerts and such
from time to time.
      But this time wasn't as easy!
      You see this time the home movies
WEREN'T MINE!
       A good friend and his wife realized
their home video tapes were beginning
to show their age and the first signs of
deterioration were beginning to appear.
       They asked me if I'd be able to copy
the video tapes onto dvd's. I have the
equipment to do that but there's a catch.
        In order to check the tapes and stop
them when the video has ended you have
to watch them!
        There were 17 tapes which means,
to get the job done, some 17 hours of
somebody else's Christmases, birthdays,
award ceremonies, and sports!
          After you've converted the tapes
to dvd's you've got to check them and
that means watching everything all over
again! When you start knowing who's
going to say what and when or what
song is coming up next, you've seen
too much!
           Still, it's nice to know somebody's
treasured memories will be preserved a
lot longer thanks to some better
technology.
           I'll try to be more considerate
of anyone watching any of my home
movies in the future and limit my
showings to a half hour or so!
           Hope my friends enjoy the
results and that all their, and your,
NEWS is good!

   
         


No comments:

Post a Comment