Sunday, February 10, 2019

WINTER ICE CREAM!


     MONDAY, FEBRUARY 11TH., 2019
               WINTER ICE CREAM!

   I'm trying to figure out who came up with
the idea there is a "season" for ice cream.
   You pass all those ice cream stands crowded
with cars and customers in June, July, and
August and find they now feature little signs
that read "Closed for the Season."
   My appetite for ice cream knows no
season.
    I realize it's available in convenience
and grocery stores throughout the year.
But I'm not talking about those pre-packaged
half gallon look alike containers or cones
wrapped in cardboard.
     It's that hand dipped, wide selection treat
that get my attention.
      I understand standing outside in
20 degree temperatures at the window of a
soft serve stand might discourage one. But
an old fashion Ice Cream Parlor can offer
comfort and cones whatever the weather.
       The trick is to be open!
       One of our favorite places cuts its
days of operation during the winter but,
again, my ice cream interest is not
limited to weekends.
        We are fortunate to have two places
fairly close by that serve year round.
Ironically, both are in West Pittston.
        Recently we discovered a new
establishment, "The Milk House" in
Mountaintop, that has both great hours,
cones and quarts, and the biggest
variety of flavors we've seen in a long
time.
        I'm OK with football in the fall,
basketball in winter, and baseball in
the summer. Seasons are for sports
not for sundaes! Think I'll have one!
        Hope your cones are filled and
your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment