Thursday, February 14, 2019

VALEN TIMES OF OLD!


   THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 14TH., 2019
             VALEN TIMES OF OLD!

      I'm pretty sure my Valentine's Day
will include the same card I've been
getting from my wife for many, many years!
It's a beautiful card and it never gets old.
      I do sometimes wonder when she
snatches it up to hide away for next year.
      Some of those "old" Valentines have
extra special meaning. I know I've got a
couple packed away in a drawer where I
stash a few cards and/or artwork done by
our grandkids.
       The day brings back some interesting
memories.
        I also remember those grade school
Valentine parties. We all had these tiny
Valentine cards and we'd fill one out for
every other student in the class. 
       You, of course, would then receive
a pile of Valentines and could check them
all out while enjoying some treats which
usually included some heart shaped
cookies and cupcakes! 
        My most unusual Valentine's Day
came in 2007. We got hit with 20 inches
of snow and ice that day!
        I was in our Scranton news bureau when
we heard a scanner call  about a roof collapse
at an armory near Nay Aug Park.
        Nothing was moving in town at that
hour. Not even plows. I told my cameraman
to forget the company car. We jumped into
my Chevy Suburban, put it in 4 wheel low,
and drove (up hill all the way) without
ever stopping at an intersection and got our
story! I loved that Suburban! I'd send it a
card but I'm not sure in which junkyard it
resides these days.
          I do have a special Valentine's treat
ready for my wife but I won't tell here just
in case any of her friends are reading.
          Hope you have a wonderful
Valentine's Day as well as Valentine's
memories...….and that all your NEWS is
good!
       

No comments:

Post a Comment