Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Don't Make Me Laugh!

  So here's the story.
  I go back to the doctor to get the
dressing removed from my cheek
from last week's skin cancer
surgery.
   He says I'm healing well. But
it will take a few weeks and, in
the meantime, I've got some tight
bandages holding the "reconstruction
site" in place.
   Of course everybody tries to make
me feel better and those efforts
usually include a couple of good
jokes. A few bad ones too!
   Trouble is, in case you haven't
noticed, your facial muscles
stretch when you laugh!
   Of course it only hurts when
I laugh! Seriously folks!
    And now that I probably
shouldn't be laughing....everything
seems funny!
    Even the magazines in the
doctor's office had me chuckling.
    They're all  "Health"
magazines?  And I'm thinking ....
it's too late to be reading them now!
    Then I get home and surf my
TV channels. All of a sudden
every body's showing comedies!
    Even our free trial of HBO is
running "Yogi Bear!"
    I think I need something that
isn't funny!
   I'll probably watch the news.
  That should do it!
  Oops! Forgot there's a bunch of
guys running for President.
   I'll go back to Yogi!
   Hope you're laughing (but not
 in stitches) and that all your NEWS
is good!


   

No comments:

Post a Comment