Thursday, January 19, 2012

Let There Be Light!

My faith has been restored!             
As has our street light!
And our mail box lock!
We are on a roll!
As previously reported, the street
light near our house has been out
for at least half a year.
I called PPL about it about that
long ago and was told that someone
would be assigned to fix the light
when there was other work to be
done in the area.
But the longer I waited the darker
the street corner seemed to get.
I put two bulbs in our porch light
in an attempt to help the situation.
But the light doesn't go around the
house very well.
I should also tell you that I
bought the bulbs in a "Dollar Store"
two weeks ago and one of them has
already burned out!
The manager of our park told me
he called he utility about a half dozen
times about the street light.
. I sort of doubted that and
decided it was time for me to reach out
again myself!
This time I tried email and...bingo!
Within two days I had a written
reply. Yesterday I had a repairman
with a new bulb and a fixture. Last
night I had light!
   By the way our "park manager" is now
our "former park manager!"
   Somebody "saw the light!"
   Meanwhile we faced another problem.
   Our mailbox lock was broken. I didn't
need a key to open the box. Of course,
nobody needed a key to open the box.
    That's bad!
    We called the post office and, within
24 hours a repairman was waiting for me
with a new lock and a set of keys!
     Now I'll have my own key for the
mailbox! It's my first in nearly 43 years!
     I hope somebody sends me something!
     When it warms up I'll stand under the
 streetlight to read it!
      Hope somebody is listening to your
complaints and that all your NEWS is
good!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment