Monday, January 9, 2012

A Really Great Gift!

  I could hardy believe my eyes!
  Even "Russian Christmas" had ended.
  And yet, there it was, a present I
had never actually asked for but had
wanted for a very long time!
   It wasn't boxed or gift wrapped and
there was no bow.
   As a matter of fact this unexpected
gift wasn't solely for me.
   It was offered to all of the people
who attended the Cinemark Movie
Theaters in Moosic as of this past
weekend.
   It was a full screen announcement
warning patrons not to Text during
the movie!
   Most theaters have been asking
customers to refrain from using their
cell phones for the past few years. That
is nothing new.
   The requests are usually presented
in a brief sentence or two that are
shown on the screen just prior to the
feature film. It's usually something like
"Please be courteous to those around you
and silence your cell phone during the
movie."
  But many of those who abided by the
request still didn't hesitate to fire up their
cell phone screen to text friends or family
while the rest of us tried to follow the
story line and scene as our eyes were
involuntarily yanked to that little bright
light in the dark!
   I'm not that attentative to begin with.
   It dosn't take a whole lot o distract me!
   And I don't want to be mean. I mean
some of those text messages are probably
important......"How U doing", "What's up
bro?"...things like that.
   While still courteous, Cinemark's new
announcement not only prohibits texting
but reminds prospective violators that
they risk being asked to leave the theater
if they choose to ignore the rule!
   Thank you Cinemark for this wonderful
gift! I don't care if there wasn't any
cartoon!
   Now please follow through! If they
text them....toss them!
    Here's hoping all the movie chains
will do the same and, for my readers,
that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment