Sunday, January 15, 2012

Leftovers!

    We were treated to some Christmas "leftovers" during
the past couple days.
    In this case though I'm not talking about food that's
gone uneaten since December 25th or January 1st. Food
doesn't usually have a chance to get that "leftover" around
here. Although there may be a couple goodies hidden
away in the fridge somewhere. Maybe I'll look after
writing this....just in case.
    Our friends treated us to a pizza in downtown Wilkes-
Barre on Friday. We visited an established Italian
restaurant that recently changed locations.
    It was cold outside. But, inside, it was warm, friendly,
and with a Christmas tree still set up in a corner window.
    The cold snap and the sudden appearance of some snow
flurries made me very glad  the owner hadn't rushed to take
down his tree. Conditions the way they were it seemed
like it was right in place.....whatever the date!
    Last night we were off to a series of performances
put on by the talented students of Wilkes-Barre Academy.
    As usual they borrowed the stage facilities at
Misericordia University for their plays.
    My grand daughter looked like she was ready for
Broadway as part of the cast of "A Troy Story."
    That's "Troy Story" as in Helen of......rather that
Woody and Buzz!
    Then my Grandson gave us another shot of Christmas
as Bob Cratchit as the 7th and 8th graders wowed us
with their production of "Like A Christmas Carol."
    Their version of Dickson's classic would have
made any "Scrooge" smile. And it included those
crystal clear kid's voices offering a number of
Christmas Carols........as in songs.....as part of the
play.
      I was tempted to sing along. Then I remembered
the only praise I ever received for my singing
voice was for my discovery of "the lost cord!"
      It's funny. I hadn't noticed the other "Christmas
Leftover" before this. Maybe it was the spirit of the
last few days that made it so impressive.
     It was a colorful Christmas tree set high atop
the VA Medical Center. Maybe it was just the night
or the mood. But its lights stood out like a message
of hope in the darkness.
    Mid January or not I hope you've still got those
warm feelings and that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment