Saturday, January 28, 2012

Phantom of the Oper...ah, the ..Operating Room!

   You probably think my dermatologist
is a really funny guy!
    I spent seven hours in his office
yesterday and he really left me in stitches!
   That is......he really left me in stitches!
   A facial sore I was concerned about
turned out to be basal cell cancer and I
went in Friday morning to have what is
called  "Mohs surgery" to have the
problem tissue removed.
    I think it may be named for that guy
from the Three Stooges.
    They numb the area, they cut out some
tissue. Then you go and sit in the
waiting room for about an hour till the
sample they've taken can be checked to
determine if they got all of the bad cells.
     If not you go back in and they repeat
the procedure.
     I went back in three times!
     The Doc got everything. But it was
a little more extensive than anticipated
and I currently look like I'm auditioning
for the lead in Phantom of the Opera!
    "Sing for me!"
    I think the doctor had some soft music
playing in the background.
    I'm not really sure because between
the "local" anesthetic and the comfortable
chair I reclined in for the procedure I'm
pretty sure I fell asleep!
     I hope to be doing a lot of that over
the next few days!
     Hope I get the part.....and that all of
your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment