Sunday, January 22, 2012

Snow Day!

  Well I guess that electric lawn mower we
just bought can stay in the shed for awhile.
   It snowed on and around our house
Friday night. I think we got the 6 part of
the "3 to 6 inches."
   It felt a lot more like 12 inches in the
shovel!
   For many years I would have expected
to be called out in such a storm. I'd head
out to the hardest hit area we could find
so I could go on the air and tell you not
to drive there.
    Since I didn't have to do that I thought
I'd fall in with the "normal" picture my
fellow newscasters painted of those who
suffered through the storms at home.
     I had some milk. Then, for the first
time in probably months I asked my wife
for some eggs.
     She stopped me cold for a moment
when she asked if I wanted toast.
     I always heard about people rushing
out for milk, and eggs, and bread. Since
I never heard 'toast' mentioned I just
said I'd take plain old bread.
      But "Old Man Winter" still had his
way. He froze our gas line and I had to
settle for eggs in the microwave.
      I sent some photos of the snow to
two of our good friends who missed
all the fun by heading to Florida for a
couple of months. They countered by
sending a picture of my buddy standing
at pool side trying his best to deal with
temperatures in the mid 70's. Poor guy!
      I wonder if they have bread, eggs,
and milk in Florida?\
     Come to think of it I wonder if they
need bread, eggs, and milk in Florida?
      Anyhow this "snow day" turned
out the way they all should. Two of
the grand kids came by with their
sleds and had a ball zipping down a
nearby hill and tossing chunks of snow
at each other!
      Hope you made the best of the
snow too and that all your NEWS
is good!
     


   

No comments:

Post a Comment