Saturday, December 9, 2017

CLOSE BUT NO CIGAR!


   SUNDAY, DECEMBER 10TH., 2017
           CLOSE BUT NO CIGAR!

   I should probably be happy about this
but last night I lost the contest in which
I was competing. Normally losing isn't
the outcome one would wish for. But
this was an "Ugly Sweater Contest!"
   It was also the annual WYOU/WBRE
Christmas Party.
   Everyone was encouraged to wear an
ugly Christmas sweater but I didn't have
one. Ugly or not!
   My wife suggested a visit to the local
Goodwill  store to see if anything was
available there to fit the bill....and me.
    As luck would have it, good or bad
depending on your outlook, we found
one garment we thought might qualify.
     My wife added a bit of trim and a
few jingle bells to enhance  my entry.
In hindsight that may have been a bad
move.
     I was definitely considered to be
in the running but in the end I lost out
to a couple others, one of which was
almost exactly like mine!
     Technically I probably would have
been disqualified had there been a tie
because mine is actually a sweatshirt
not a sweater!
      Still the evening was a big success
as we got to spend time with some
old friends at the "Retired Table" and
meet some of the kids coming along
in our footprints! I don't know if they'll
be great reporters and photographers
and such but I do know they sure own
some very ugly sweaters!
      Since mine was not the ugliest perhaps
I'll get a little more use out of it before
Santa stops by to check it out!
       Hope he brings a new sweater, and
that all your NEWS is good!







No comments:

Post a Comment