Wednesday, December 27, 2017

SOME ASSEMBLY REQUIRED!


  THURSDAY, DECEMBER 28TH., 2017
      SOME ASSEMBLY REQUIRED!

    That alert, often found on Christmas
presents that have just been unwrapped,
has been known to strike fear into the
hearts of parents.
      That bicycle that looked so good on
the showroom floor seems to look a lot
different  as its pulled, one part at a time,
out of a large box!
        I thought I was through with that
problem when the last of my kids moved
out on there own.
        Then I opened the box with my new
TV set!
         Keep in mind I go back to a time
when you plugged your television set
into an electrical outlet and your
antenna into the TV.
          The new sets have all kinds
of connection terminals! They come
with initials that mean nothing to me
so it can be confusing.
           Then there's the stand. That has
to be secured on the base of the television
with screws which, I might add, were
well hidden within the multiple packages
that came with the unit.
            In my case I do have two cables
that allow me to play videos from a
DVD player through my TV. Unfortunately
the new set has inputs placed in an area
that makes those cables about 5 inches
too short!
            No problem. The set in my
bedroom is very old so I reinstalled
the living room TV and put the new
one in the bedroom. That's when I
realized TV sets have lost weight over
the years! It took five minutes to lug
the old set out to the porch! Now I
need to find a place to get rid of it!
             I think, next time, I'd rather
assemble a bike!
             Hope you've got everything
put together (with no "extra" parts)
and that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment