Tuesday, December 19, 2017

PHONE FUN!


   WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 20TH., 2017
                         PHONE FUN!

     Christmas came early at our house this
year. It was a matter of necessity!
      We still have a "land line" telephone
at our place which is supplemented by
two wireless phones.
       One of those portable phones is near
our bed. That make's it easy to get those
telemarketing calls that come in before
we get up or after we're retired for the
night. And just in case it's a legitimate
call from family, friends or physicians
we don't have to jump out of bed and
run to the kitchen to answer our one
telephone with a cord.
         Unfortunately the wireless phone
in the bedroom passed away last week.
We thought it might be a case of
rechargeable batteries that weren't
recharging anymore but the problem
went beyond that.
          Since our system was purchased
so long ago even getting batteries was
a problem we used my cell phone
to call Santa and ask him to expedite
the delivery of a new wireless system
and Old Saint Nick came through!
          Technology has changed a lot
since we got our last portable phone.
But that's true with all telephones I
guess.
          I used to pick up my phone
and dial the number I was calling.
The dial, push buttons actually,
were the only accessary on the telephone.
          This new wireless system comes
with on/off switches, a caller ID, complete
with a speaker that announces the identity
of the caller and a lot of other buttons
that are suppose to do other things I
haven't yet learned about!
            I've seen aircraft cockpits with
fewer controls than the master wireless
unit! In fact I'm now wondering if I
need a license to run this telephone
system!
            In any case at least we won't
have to jump out of bed and run to the
kitchen when the speaker system
wakes us up by announcing the
company that's calling to give us a
better interest rate on our credit cards!
            Hope they aren't offened when
I hang up and I hope all your NEWS
is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment