Thursday, December 21, 2017

OUT WITH THE CROWDS!


   FRIDAY, DECEMBER 22ND., 2017
         OUT WITH THE CROWDS!

   I've been meaning to get a little bit of
Christmas shopping done so I headed out
on Thursday. I know, it's early for me but
Christmas Eve is on a Sunday and I didn't
want to take a chance that some stores
might close early that day.
    I didn't have a long list. One of my
daughters already helped fill it with
items that required a better eye than mine
for color and style.
    There must have been a lot of people
who missed Black Friday and Cyber
Monday because I found the stores I
visited packed with customers!
      One of the clerks at a Check out
stand  even ran out of large bags!
Fortunately I had a small item!
       I stopped, for the first time in a
long time, at the Laurel Mall and was
surprised to find it filled with both
customers and shops! Given the
status of many malls these days the
success of this place is pretty impressive!
        Downton Hazleton wasn't nearly
as busy....except at Jimmy's Hot Dogs
where I had to wait in line to get two
to go! It was worth the wait! And I
even got a bag filled with extra
napkins. I'm guessing my "spill
reputation" preceded me!
          All in all a pretty successful
day. I guess it pays to shop early!
           Hope I can get the wrapping
done and that all your NEWS is good!        

No comments:

Post a Comment