Saturday, October 12, 2019

I KNEW THAT WOULD HAPPEN!


   SUNDAY, OCTOBER 13TH., 2019
  I KNEW THAT WOULD HAPPEN!

   My wife and I went to a Drive In Theater
Saturday night! But we didn't see a movie!
    The Circle Drive In at Dickson City was
showing the Penn State-Iowa football game.
     The same game was available in my
living room on WNEP TV. But my living
room TV screen is 30 some inches wide.
The Drive In screen is bigger than the side
of a barn! Plus, the Drive In sells popcorn!
      I enjoyed seeing all the Penn State fans
who showed up and held their own tail gate
parties.
      I probably don't know half as much
about the game or the players as most of
those tailgaters. But if they listened to me
I could have told them exactly what was
about to happen!
      You see the audio for the game was
being transmitted through an FM radio
system. As you entered you were told to
tune your radio to 89.3FM.
       But when I set my car radio to that
frequency all I got was static! Everybody
else seemed to be getting the play by play.
But not me!
       In order to save the day, or in this case
the night, I tuned in to WILK radio which
was also carrying the game.
       In just about a minute I realized that
the action on the screen was about 2 to 3
seconds behind the description I was
hearing on the radio.
        By the time the tailgaters saw a
player tackled I already knew he was
down. I started my cheer for Penn State's
scores a full three seconds ahead of all
the others!
        If only I had played some bets!!!!!
        Hope they all got "caught up" and
that all their, and your, NEWS is good!





No comments:

Post a Comment