Wednesday, October 2, 2019

SOME WORK IN THE GARDEN.


   THURSDAY, OCTOBER 3RD., 2019
     SOME WORK IN THE GARDEN.             

      It happened as I was planning my
nap!
      There was nothing on my schedule
Wednesday and I felt a bit sluggish so
I decided to stick around and take it
easy.
      My wife, on the other hand,
ignored the 80 degree plus temperatures
and decided to do "some work in the
garden." That line often fills my mind
with terror!
       I didn't escape her plan entirely.
       I was asked to help move the picnic
table and bench to their Fall/Winter
location towards the back of our front
yard.
       I also assisted in lifting my small
Jon boat onto saw horses so my
grandson's small electric quad could
be parked underneath like a sort of
garage. Actually the hardest part was
getting the combination lock open!
        After that I hit the couch. But
she wasn't done!
         Years back my wife built her
own frames around sheets of plastic
that fit over the screens on our porch.
They're large and cumbersome but
once installed they can turn the
porch into a comfortable greenhouse
when the sun is shining.
          By the time I looked out to check
on her all but one had been put in
place. Just in time, it turned out, to keep
the rain outside!
          With the temperatures now
expected to fall the sealed in porch and
a fireplace-like electric heater we found
at the auction should give us an extra
month or two out there.
           Good thing she didn't wait for
me to get around to the installation.
They're much harder to put up when
it's snowing!
            Hope that's all the "garden work"
for awhile and that all your NEWS is
good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment