Friday, October 18, 2019

WINTER READY!


   SATURDAY, OCTOBER 19TH., 2019
                  WINTER READY!

       It's gotten colder over the past few
days. Hints of things to come. But
we're ready! Boy are we ready!
       The plastic sheets now cover the
screens on our front porch. There's
even a little fireplace-like electric
heater to make the space usable on
cold but not freezing days when the
sun still creates a greenhouse effect
there.
        And in the corner, a small
electric snow blower awaiting its call
to action.
        My wife acquired the snow
blower at our favorite auction this
week. She did so while I was eyeing
up some other potential treasures in
another room so I was a bit surprised
when she pointed it out and told me
to load it in our SUV.
          I unloaded it and a few other
purchases when we got home and
the next thing I knew my wife was
making a space for the blower on
the porch.
           She told me it would be
easier to grab it there rather than
trying to reach the shed when the
snow shows up.
            I told her I thought it was
a good idea then asked "what about
the other one?"
           "What other one" she asked?
           I was referring to the other
small electric snow blower we bought
at a flea market a couple months ago.
            Seems she complete forgot
about that bargain!
            Always ready to make the
best of things she suggested we now
had a "his" and "her's" set so we both
had one to use.
             I prefer to think we have a
second one she can use when the
firsts runs out of electricity!
              Oh! They don't work that
way?
              Hope she doesn't know that,
and that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment