Friday, October 4, 2019

NOT SO GNATSTY!


    SATURDAY, OCTOBER 5TH., 2019
              NOT SO GNATSTY!

     For me there's a bit of hurrah that comes
along with the first frost!
     The leaves are now well on their way to
those fall colors that turn our woodlands
into beautiful paintings.   
      The warmth from our furnace takes
off the chill before it disturbs our evenings.
      And, most of all, I'll be able to walk
around outside without a hundred gnats
swarming around me!
      Mosquitoes have always been a problem
for me. They've taken enough of my blood
to save several lives.
       But it's the gnats that have been driving
me crazy this year.
       They seem to be immune to all of the
repellents I've tried and they attack in
numbers that must rival the Battle of Britain!
       What's worse is their propensity for
targeting my eyes and ears! I've wacked
myself numerous times trying to shoo them
away! 
        Now, thanks to the frost, they'll be
gone! And none too soon to suit me!
        Hope they go south for the winter,
stay there, and that all your NEWS is good!
           

No comments:

Post a Comment