Sunday, July 26, 2020

HAPPY TALES OF HAPPY TRAILS!


        MONDAY, JULY 27TH. 2020
HAPPY TALES OF HAPPY TRAILS!

  One of the problems of being on vacation
is missing things. I missed a Dentist appointment
last week. I also missed a "holiday" this past
Saturday that I've always enjoyed!
   July 25th was National Cowboy Day!
   It was established to give credit to the cowboys
and cowgirls who helped build our country, mainly
in the early west.
    I was always a big fan of cowboys. It was not
unusual for me to see a western double feature at
one of my neighborhood theaters on a typical
Saturday afternoon.
     The cowboys are my heroes but few of those
characters are even remembered today. There are
exceptions. Gene Autry is still known. But it's
probably more for his recording of Rudolph
The Red Nosed Reindeer than for his horse
Champion. Roy Rogers was "King" of the
Cowboys. Now his name's on a fast food chain.
    One of my favorites was Allan "Rocky" Lane.
    You may never have heard of him but your
heard his voice if you were a fan of the TV series
"Mr. Ed." My cowboy hero provided the voice
of the talking horse!
       Anyway let's have a tip of the hat for the
cowboys and cowgirls, on screen, and in
reality who own a place in our country's
history.
        Hope your're well and that all your
NEWS is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment