Saturday, July 25, 2020

MY SPIN ON THINGS!

SATURDAY, JULY 25TH., 2020
    MY SPIN ON THINGS!

  I'm spinning everybody. It could
be the crowds in in Wildwood. But,
more likely, it's because it's National
Merry Go Round Day!
       The Merry-Go-Round has been
going round for a lot of years! July 25
was chosen as  National Merry-Go-
Round Day, an “unofficial” national
holiday, as it coincides with the first
United States patent that was issued for
the modern carousel.
    That patent was awarded to William
Schneider of Davenport Iowa on July 25,
1871. I didn't cover the event. But I'm
sure glad he got the patent!
     The more I think of it though, I think
I'm spinning because this vacation week
has flown by so quickly!
     When the pandemic started the world
seemed to slow to a crawl. Then comes
vacation and the week is gone in the
blink of an eye! 
    I'm glad you came along by way
of my Blog. I believe it's important to
note that we can all take safety precautions
and follow the rules without locking
ourselves up at home! I hope you'll never
give up going after life's brass rings, and
that all your NEWS is good!



No comments:

Post a Comment