Friday, January 1, 2021

A SUNNY DAY...SORT OF!

     SATURDAY, JANUARY 2nd, 2021

        A SUNNY DAY...SORT OF!


    It's January 2nd, 2021. the second day of

our new year. Chances are some resolutions

have already been tossed out the window and

we've probably written the date once or twice

incorrectly! But there's reason to celebrate! It's

World Perihelion Day! I had to look it up too!

It is the day when the earth is closest to the sun!

I was about to revel. I was about to get out ny

swim trunks and suntan lotion. Then, suddenly

and most unexpectedly, I remembered something

I learned in Science class all those many years

ago. When the sun is close to the earth its light,

basically, is on us (here in the northeast anyway)

for a shorter period of time. So it isn't any brighter

or any warmer. Oh well. At least my old science

teacher would have been proud I remembered.

Hope you have a great day, no matter how sunny

and warm, or not, that you're well, and that all your

NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment