Thursday, January 28, 2021

IN THE BOOK?

  FRIDAY, JANUARY 29th, 2021

             IN THE BOOK?


   We've heard a lot of complaints lately

about the snail like pace of mail deliveries.

When I checked our mail yesterday I was

quite surprised by what I found. It was a

Telephone Directory. Anybody else remember

them? Time was when these once thick books

listed all the telephone numbers of people in

your town supplemented by an equally think

section of Yellow Pages listing all the local

businesses. There was a time when someone

tried to prove their strength by ripping a New

York City Telephone Directory in half. I, with

an injured right arm and age against me, could

easily tear this new one in half. In fact I'm

tempted to do just that because I'm not listed!

I've had a hope (land line) telephone since

before some of the people who are listed were

ever born! I used to tell people it was easy

to reach me. I'd say "I'm in the book." But

now I'm not! Guess you'll have to reach me

right here or on Facebook. Hope you're well,

that you made the bood, and that all your NEWS

is good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment