Wednesday, January 20, 2021

PRECEDENTS FOR PRESIDENT.

    THURSDAY, JANUARY 21st, 2021

     PRECEDENTS FOR PRESIDENT.

   Our newest President took his oath of

office yesterday. I have had 15 during my

lifetime and 2, a full one third, were not

initially elected to that office! Harry Truman

took office upon the death of Franklin

Roosevelt. Lyndon Johnson became President

the day John Kennedy was assassinated. Gerald

Ford, the only one I actually met, became

President as Richard Nixon resigned. (You

might also recall that Ford was not initially

Nixon's Vice President. He replaced Spiro

Agnew when he resigned in the midst of a

scandal!) I've got some experience when it

comes to being a President. As a teen I was

President of my YMCA's Air Rifle, Archery,

and Model Train Clubs. As an adult I served

a couple terms as President of our local and

State News Media Association. I never gave

any thought about the possibility of national  

office and the new President is 78-years-old.

Hey!v Wait a minute! I'm 78 years old! I

wonder if in 2024.....of well....I'll have to 

think a bit about that! Hope you're well and

that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment