Monday, April 1, 2019

AWAKENINGS!


     TUESDAY, APRIL 2ND., 2019
               AWAKENINGS!

    Spring is a time for awakenings!
We spotted some buds shooting up
through the dirt in the backyard this
week. Flowers will not be far behind!
     Robins have suddenly been showing
up all over the place!
      There was another sure sign of
Spring awakenings at our house Sunday
night. It came as I was watching TV.
A crashing sound that could only have
come from my recently filled garbage
can.
      I grabbed a flashlight and rushed
out onto the porch making more than
just a little noise as I went.
      Sure enough the can was on its
side, the top, usually held tight with a
strong bungee cord, was off and there
was a fresh rip in the not so fresh
garbage bag.
       My swift and very noisy arrival
had apparently spooked the bear which
has recently awakened from its winter
hibernation.
       I didn't see the bruin but a neighbor
just down the road did.
       I've reseated the garbage can lid,
replaced the bungee cord, and placed a
rather heavy tire and wheel on top until
the collectors come later this week.
       Hope our "visitor" doesn't try
another "collection" first and that all
your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment