Monday, April 22, 2019

TRACK & FIELD


    TUESDAY, APRIL 23RD., 2019
             TRACK & FIELD

   I had a busy schedule Monday! The
3-year-old grandson spent most of the
day since his pre school was closed for
Easter Monday.
    It was still a bit on the cool side when
he came so we enjoyed watching a
couple YouTube versions of  "The Little
Engine That Could."
     As the day warmed up a bit we
decided to do some track and field events.
There was a method to my madness. My
little buddy was scheduled for an evening
visit to the circus so I had to make sure
he exercised enough to warrant an
afternoon nap.
     Our venue was an area playground
set up close to a walking path that circles
two baseball fields.
      After some time on the swings
and a bit of hid and seek we pulled out
his scooter and protective gear to head
up to the walking track.
       I stayed as close as I could as he
pushed the scooter around the trail.
After about a half a lap he tired a bit.
He walked back to where we started as
did I....carrying his scooter!
      The baseball field attracted his
attention so we did a bit of training.
       I'd help him hit the ball then
tried to direct him to 1st, then 2nd,
then 3rd base, then home!
       I'd chase him with the ball from
base to base then he'd chase me. He
was a little faster!
       After a few "innings" we
headed back, downhill, to the car.
He rode the scooter and I carried
the baseball gear.
        He fell asleep in the car after
a short visit to Walter's Hardware
to play with the Thomas trains set
up there.
        I carried him into the house
to the back bedroom where he got
a good two hour nap.
        Guess I wore him out.
        Just noticed my legs and
back are aching a bit now. And, for
some reason, I seem a little sleepy!
         Hope I can get a nap and that
all your NEWS is good!
         

No comments:

Post a Comment