Thursday, April 11, 2019

WEIGHT LIFTING!


   THURSDAY, APRIL 11TH., 2019
             WEIGHT LIFTING!

  Let's be honest about it folks, I'm not
big into exercise anymore. Of course that's
partly why I'm big.
  My wife and I enjoyed walks in parks
and along the levee system. But that was
up until about November of last year
when the cold made it uncomfortable
to be out in the elements.
   We both have one of those Silver
Sneakers at the Pittston YMCA. At
least I think we do. Unless it has to be
renewed every year. It's been more than a
year since I was there last.
    My three-year-old grandson has been
giving me a workout each week and
lifting him her or there as become a
real exercise/ He's not built like a set
of weights and when I carry him in
while he's sleeping I probably equal a
good half hour workout at any gym.
    Little did I know this "training"
would come in handy.
    On Wednesday my wife decided she
need some mulch for the garden and the
type she prefers was selling at a very
good price at our nearby big box store.
    I should have know what was happening
when she suggested I pull our SUV as close
to the stacked bags of mulch as I could.
     She's go into pay while I loaded mulch
in the vehicle. But she wanted 8 bags of
the stuff!
      Mulch is meant to be spread, not
lifted and carried! Good thing I had
carried by grandson off to a nap the other
day. It was like tossing 8 of him in the
car!
      Well, that should do it for a month
of exercise or so. Although my grandson
will be visiting (and napping) sometime
today.
      Maybe I'll just let him sleep in the
car!
      Hope we both get a nice nap and that
all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment