Tuesday, April 9, 2019

PEOPLE PLEASE!


   WEDNESDAY, APRIL 10TH., 2019
               PEOPLE PLEASE!

   My blog on the self service check out
at Walmart got a lot of reaction. In case
you missed it one whole block of scanners
was closed because the store ran out of
bags!
    But most of my comments had nothing
to do with the store's failure to keep up
with inventory.
     The bulk of those responding made
it clear they don't like the whole concept
of taking somebody's job by handling
the scanning and bagging themselves.
      Retailers using such systems have
claimed they don't cost jobs and other
than seeing fewer people manning the
regular check out lines I'm not in a
position to challenge the figures.
       I will say this. I recently had
occasion to use the Pennsylvania
Turnpike and take an exit I had
never used to a health care facility
I had never visited.
       The Turnpike, of course, is
evolving to a system that will, it
seems, eventually do away with
toll taking agents. On my trip,
however, there was an attendant
at the toll plaza.
        We not only gave me great
directions to my destination, he
also took a moment to wish us well
regarding our appointment.
         E-ZPass may be faster but
it doesn't offer that kind of
service!
         Hope folks like that are
around for a long time....and that
all your NEWS is good!
     

 

No comments:

Post a Comment