Friday, April 26, 2019

READY, AIM, FIRE!


    SATURDAY, APRIL 27TH., 2019
               READY, AIM, FIRE!

    If you're reading this anytime after
10 Saturday morning you're too late!
I'm already at the Firing Squad!
     Most grandpa's take their grandkids
to the playground or the amusement
park. I've done that. But on this Saturday
I'm taking a grandson and his buddy to
a shooting range!
       Both have already taken the Hunter
Safety Course and both are hoping to do
some hunting this year.
        I'm not the person who should train
them for hunting. I never hunted in spite
of my love for venison and similar "wild
meats."
        As it happens, one of my close
friends hosts a shoot at his own range each
year as part of an ongoing ministry program
he conducts through a church in the Poconos.
        The gentlemen who attend this event
will shoot together, lunch together, and pray
together as well.
         I suspect they will lend their experience
and expertise to help my grandson and his
friend learn some valuable life lessons!
         I'm afraid my experience with cap and
water guns isn't very useful in this case so
I'll find a safe place to watch, take pictures,
and see what's for lunch!
          Hope no one offers me a blindfold and
that all your NEWS is good.
           

No comments:

Post a Comment