Sunday, April 5, 2020

ALL KINDS OF FEVER!


  MONDAY, APRIL 6TH., 2020
      ALL KINDS OF FEVER!

    I write today's essay praying that
none of you have the fever associated
with the Corona virus.
    That said, there are other kinds of
fever.
     My wife and I, like most of you,
have been dealing with cabin fever
for the past three weeks. It just seems
like two months.
     It's a serious fever which forces
you to stay in a relatively confined
area for an undetermined amount
of time. Admittedly it's not like a
jail cell. More like a prison block.
     It can weigh on your nerves
and make you restless. And that can,
as it did at our place, lead to what I
consider a far more serious disease!
     It's called "Spring fever!"
     My wife caught it on Sunday
when it got warm enough for her
to consider setting up the yard for
summer.
      It's not that Spring fever is all
that contagious. But those afflicted
with it seem to have a compulsion
to get others, read that me in this
case, involved with the project.
      Throughout the cold winter
months my little Miata is covered
and safely parked on a patio of
bricks.
      In the summer that patio hosts
a bench for sitting and a picnic
table. Both of them have to be
carried onto the bricks. That of
course is after the Miata is uncovered,
started up (with a jump box), moved
and recovered in its new spot.
      There's a wheelbarrow full of
last season's leaves and twigs that
has to be filled then rolled to the
wooded area near by to be dumped.
      Then there's the Birdbath! This
small innocent looking yard display
weighs about as much as a  pickup
truck! At least it seems that way,
      I moved or assisted in moving
every object needed to be placed
and am now resting at my laptop
hoping I'm not called outside again.
      Everything now set up will remain
there till late next fall.
      Hope this cures my wife's Spring
fever and that all your NEWS is good!







     

No comments:

Post a Comment