Monday, April 13, 2020

THE POSITIVE SIDE!


    TUESDAY, APRIL 14TH., 2020
         THE POSITIVE SIDE!

   First let me tell you how overwhelmed
I was by the reaction to my video blog
yesterday.!
    I had a lot of Facebook friends say
they liked the blog and the idea.
    WILK radio host Jason Barsky even
ran it on the air. But one of the replies
he got was from a listener who felt it
was depressing.
     The last thing I want to be is
depressing so let's more on to the
positive side of things.
      Take the Titanic.
      Well, not the Titanic exactly.
But Violet Jessop. I think this
might be a good time to talk
about living through disasters!
        The Titanic was one of 3
ships being built for the White
Star Line. They were the Olympic. the
Titanic, and the Britannic.         .
        Violet was a stewardess on Olympic
when it was accidentally rammed
by a warship! It was heavily
damaged but didn't sink. Violet
survived.
         Her next job was on the
Titanic which, you may know,
sank exactly 108 years ago.
         Violet survived. and then
joined the crew of the Britannic.
         The Britannic hit a mine
during World War 1 and sank!
          Violet survived!
           So the next time the virus
and home confinement gives
you that sinking feeling...I hope
you'll remember Violet Jessop ..
and that all your NEWS will be
good!

     

No comments:

Post a Comment