Friday, April 3, 2020

BUT WHEN HE GOT THERE,,,,,,


     SATURDAY, APRIL 4TH., 2020
      BUT WHEN HE GOT THERE....

   It was a typical day around our house.
Well, typically based on the past three
weeks anyway.
   We slept in and got up, reluctantly,
to make sure the world was still here.
It was.
    After watching "The Waltons" and
a movie on Netflix I decided to go for
a short walk. Just to the mailbox.
    The mail has never really excited
me. In fact, for many years, I didn't
have a key to our box.
     It's hard to look forward to bills
and sales flyers addressed to occupant
or current resident.
     But since the stay at home edict
began a simple trip offered an
opportunity to get out of the house.
     Then I realized it was raining!
     I took the walk anyway, getting
partially soaked only to find the
mailbox was empty! Not even a
political ad!
      Now I know how Mother
Hubbert felt!
      Hope there's a Harbor
Freight flyer or something there
tomorrow and that all your
NEWS is good!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment