Wednesday, April 8, 2020

WEAR EM IF YOU'VE GOT EM!


     THURSDAY, APRIL 9TH., 2020
     WEAR EM IF YOU'VE GOT EM!         

      I had errands to do on Wednesday. I
didn't mind this time because it got me
out of the house.
      Of course the law now requires me
to wear one of those protective masks
when I venture outside. I know it's only
a recommendation by government
officials. But my wife told me where
I'm concerned it's a law! Hers!!!
      It felt a little odd taking my car in
for a needed repair since I was the only
masked man in the shop. But I kept it
on.
     My next stop was the bank. There was
no way I was approaching that teller with
a mask! Fortunately my encounter was
limited to a TV monitor appearance
while the check was deposited through
one of those pneumatic tubes! I felt
safer with it off at that time.
       My next assignment involved
picking up a candy order. There I made
an interesting discovery. I don't know
if these masks impede the flow of germs
or not. But I can tell you they do
nothing to stop the odor of chocolate!
        It wasn't until well after dark
that I was ready to deliver a dvd copy
of my ECTV show for next week to
my director's house. I didn't even have
to see him. I only had to leave the disk
on his screen door.
        Still, I sent him an email in advance
imploring him not to shout or shoot at
the masked man soon to be approaching
his house! Turns out he wasn't home and
replied he couldn't shoot me from Scranton!
        That relieved my nerves except for
the constant thought I might be pulled
over by an officer as I drove home.
         I wonder, if that had happened, if
I'd be chastised for leaving my home or
congratulated  for wearing the mask?
        I doubt an officer would buy the
story that I really was the Lone Ranger!
        Hope you're covered up and that
all your NEWS is good!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment