Monday, April 6, 2020

MY VIRUS!


   TUESDAY, APRIL 7TH., 2020
                 MY VIRUS!

     First let me say I am fine and DO NOT
HAVE the Coronavirus!
     I was, however, stricken with another
"virus" on Monday thanks to a hacker
who gained access to my Yahoo email
account!
     Corona causes pain in the lungs and
throughout the body. This virus was a
real pain in the.......well, you know!
      The hacker, using my name, was
soliciting a gift card so my nephew
could get a PlayStation.
        Most precipitants immediately
recognized the con knowing if I needed
money for a PlayStation  I'd probably
want it to use myself. My only blood
nephew is already ages ahead of me
in his knowledge of  superior electronic
games and likely has any of them he
wants.
      Heck, I finally just got a Smartphone
for Christmas and haven't completely
figured it out all these months later.
        My granddaughter Kara first
alerted me to the hack. You'd think she'd
keep it to herself just in case somebody
sent money to me to buy one for her!
       Then her Mom, my daughter
Missy, had to talk me through the moves
needed to send an explanation email to
all my contacts. That's how "up" I am on
this digital stuff.
        I wasn't overly concerned that anyone
would fall for this hacker's scheme. You
see I was hacked once before by some
crook who suggested I was stuck in
Europe and needed money to get home.
        Not only did no one respond, my
sister-in-law wrote to the address the
hacker posted and said "Let him stay there!"
         I did hear from some old friends who
doubted the suspect email but wanted to
check up on me just in case. That was the
only bright spot. Steve Schoonover said
he doubted I knew how to use a Playstation
while Jack Juka was ready to lend, or rent
one to me!
         Now I've got to remember another
new password! This could be the biggest
problem since I've got several to try to
remember and I'm getting older!
         Hope 1 2 3 4 5 isn't too easy to
hack and that all your NEWS is good!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment