Thursday, August 15, 2024

Coming Together!

 Friday, August 16, 2024

  COMING  TOGETHER!

My wife, grandson Anthony, and I spent the bulk of Thursday at the Little League World Series in South Williamsport. The Series has always held interest for me. A distant cousin, now deceased, played for the very first winning Little League World Series team, the Maynard Midgets! I did feature stories from the series for WYOU for several years during my news coverage days. And I was always amazed! No 'border problems' there! Like the Olympics players from all over the world and their families interact enjoying sports and all the things that go with competition from the games to the hot dogs and popcorn. No fighting or arguing! Just respect shown to one another. In fact I noted the ballplayers from Japan actually bowed to the umpires when coming to bat! Those to came to see and enjoy the games fit into the crowds as if they were born and raised here. Maybe we should try to get world leaders and a few political candidates to grad a piece of cardboard and slide down a hill together! It might make a world of difference! Hope you're well and that all your NEWS is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment