Thursday, August 8, 2024

JUST ONE MORE CHAPTER!

  


    FRIDAY, AUGUST 9TH., 2024
     JUST ONE MORE CHAPTER    

     In many states across the country
August 9th is observed as "Book Lovers
Day."
     It's a day that could probably be
named for my wife, one of my daughters,
and a granddaughter as well. In fact the
granddaughter's picture could logically be
used in any promotional efforts for this
day! But all three of them read as often
as they can.
     My wife's friend even gave her a
reading pillow with the inscription
"Just one more chapter." Something 
I hear her say every night about the
time I'm ready to turn out the light 
and get some sleep!
     I was a great reader for many years.
Of course my initial interests in the
written word  came with publications
of Superman or Batman & Robin where
the text was supplemented with vivid
action drawings!
      I continued to read through the
years but the reading gave way to
writing. And the need to read a lot
of newspapers and wire service
material as I got into the news business
dampened my desire to spend off duty
hours reading still more!
     Since "Book Lover's Day" is an
unofficial holiday I'm thinking I should
really take part in the observance. So,
I've picked out what looks like a good
mystery novel for the day.
     It's called "The Monster At The
End Of This Book" and features 
Grover, a character from Sesame
Street. Hope there's not too many
big words and that all your NEWS is
good!

No comments:

Post a Comment