Wednesday, August 7, 2024

RMEMBERING THE SERVICE STATIONS!

         THURSDAY, AUGUST 8, 2024

REMEMBERING THE SERVICE STATIONS 

Today I'm remembering the days of "the Service

Station." I am remembering the days when an

attendance filled up our gas tank at each visit.

 Routinely they would also ask to check your oil

 and clean your windshield. Things have changed

 since those days. And I'm not just talking about

 the cost of gasoline. Although what I pay for a gallon 

now, probably would have filled my tank. These days

I check my own oil and clean my own windshield

whenever possible.  Often there no squeegee near

the gas pump and when there is it's usually in a

container without water! The pumps these days are

suppose to print a receipt when you're done 

filling the tank. But more often than not I get a

message to "See the Cashier For Receipt" so I

end up having to go inside anyway and

usually have to wait for someone buying a

handful of lottery tickets before I can get that

receipt! Oh for the day is of the service station.

 Hope you still have one somewhere around 

your neighborhood, that you're well, and that

 all your news is good.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment