Monday, June 9, 2014

Double D's Birthday!!!!!!


  No. It's not my birthday. Although I
did go by the radio name Double Dee
during my few years as a DJ.
  The Double D we're congratulating
today is a lot more famous than I'll
ever be!
   He is Donald Duck!
   I spotted "Donald Duck Day" on
two separate listings of unusual
June holidays.
   I was surprised to find one of those
sites filled with conflicting information
about Donald's actual birthday. I guess
that's because he's a Cartoon character!
   June 9th is listed because that's the
date he first appeared in a Disney
Cartoon. That was in 1934. But the same
site suggests that Donald was actually
born one March 13th., probably in 1914.
   So he may actually be 100 this year!
   Either way he's one lucky duck to be
around for so long and still be so
popular! And most of he time you
can't understand a word he's saying!
   Of course that hasn't hindered some
of our current TV reporters!
    And just about the time you think you
know a character that's been around for
so long you learn something new!
    Did you know, for instance that Donald
has a middle name?
     Well he does! Donald Duck's middle
name is "Fauntleroy".  Boy this on
line information stuff is really cool!
     So Happy Birthday Donald!
    Hope you'll all be celebrating, and that
all your NEWS is good!

   
  









No comments:

Post a Comment