Saturday, June 21, 2014

Moving Pictures!


       It's common to see people taking pictures
 where ever you go these days.
       In many cases they're not even using a
traditional camera. Most Cell phones, "Smart"
or not, take pictures.
       I happen to prefer videos and almost
always have my camcorder somewhere close
at hand.
      I began shooting movies many years ago
with an 8mm film camera. Next came Super
8, then VHS video tape and, most recently,
Digital High 8.
     I've literally got thousands of hours of
home video.
     But my friend has put new meaning to
the term "Moving pictures.!"
     I've written about him before. He photographs
nearly everything and everybody he sees.
     But, after downloading one of his photo
cards to retrieve one particular group picture,
I was stunned when I realized how many of
his shots were "moving pictures!"
      In his case, however, I'm not talking about
video.
      I'm referring to pictures he apparently
snapped while driving his car along the
highway and city streets! He didn't seem to stop
as he clicked the shutter!
     At least if he rear ends somebody he'll
have a good shot of their license plate!
     I'm not sure if I was more shocked by the
photos.....or by the fact that my friend spent
most of his educational career teaching........
Driver's Education!!!!!!!
      I never used a camera to paraell park!
      I've included a few of his "moving pictures"
for your perusal.
      Hope he made it home safely and that all
your NEWS is good!





No comments:

Post a Comment