Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The End?


   Maybe I had missed the latest prediction!
   Or maybe "the End" was coming without
a prediction! But the signs were there!
    The first sign of trouble was at a very
busy intersection just a mile away from my
home.
     The traffic lights were out! Not flashing!
Totally Out!
      After dodging a few vehicles that didn't
seem to care if there was red, amber, green,
or any lights I managed to make it through
and get to my house where I unloaded a
load of laundry that my wife volunteered
to handle for my daughter who is in the
process of moving.
     No problem.....UNTIL......we learned
we had no water!
     I immediately drafted an email to the
owner of our development to alert him to
the problem. I would have sent it immediately
too. But Yahoo informed me there were
some technically difficulties with its email
system and suggested I try again later.
    No problem. I figured I'd just call a
maintenance man who works around the
place. Except my Cell phone wouldn't
put the call through! The screen showed
some sort of strange message I had never
seen before.
    I decided to try our Police non-emergency
number on our "land line" telephone.
    That phone, thankfully, worked. And I
immediately got through to an answering
machine or voice mail or whatever that
allowed me to leave a message that will
probably be checked sometime in the next 24
hours or so.
      I quickly had something to eat. No need
to worry about washing the dishes. I figured
if this was "the End" at least I wouldn't
"go" hungry!
     Just about that time Yahoo came back
and my cell phone's light came on. Next
a gentleman in a work truck stopped by to
ask if my water was back on. It wasn't.
But it was nice to know somebody was aware
if not working on the problem.
      I eventually learned they found a leak!
      Of course they weren't about to work
on fixing it last night!
      Maybe the world wasn't coming to an
End....at least not just yet.
      Hope that laundry gets done and that
all your NEWS is good!





No comments:

Post a Comment