Monday, June 2, 2014

Whoop-ee-ti-yi-o


   Woody Guthrie wrote the song.
   His lyrics proclaimed......
"Whoop-ee-ti-yi-o, get along little
Doggies. It's your misfortune and
none of my own. Whoop-ee-ti-yi-o,
get along little Doggies, You know
that Wyoming will be your new
home."
    For the second time in as many
months one of my "little doggies"
is moving to Wyoming.
    My son and his family are there.
    My daughter and family are in
the process of moving in.
    In both their cases, the move
brings them to Wyoming Borough,
not the state that bears the same name.
    However, after bearing witness to
their moving efforts I have come to
believe it would be far easier to move
a herd of cattle across a state then to
move a household of belongings
across town!
     Both siblings employed the use
of a UHaul Rental Van for the bulk
of their possessions.
     The vans are huge. But park one
in front of a house and see how tiny
the van suddenly seems!
     My daughter, her husband, brother,
 and a couple very good friends, packed a
van to the brim then drove it to their
new "casa" to do the unloading.
     I, back at the house from which
they're moving, looked around and
realized the place still looked filled!
     I think they're going to need a
bigger boat.......I mean......van!
     Or, maybe, a few more friends
willing to lend a hand!
      The van goes back today so the
pressure is on!
       Hope these little doggies make
it to Wyoming, and that all their, and
your, NEWS is good!





No comments:

Post a Comment