Tuesday, June 17, 2014

The Dynamic Duo!


    It's been a long time since this
Dynamic Due was on screen
together. Years back they were
both on the same team all the time!
    You'd often see them talking
about crime in our area.....or.....
the weather.
    What? Oh, you thought I was
talking about Batman and Robin!
    No. I'm referring to me and
my WDAU/WYOU buddy
Derry Bird!
     Derry was kind enough to
come out of retirement to join me
as my co-host on ECTV Live, a
weekly program I anchor and
produce for Electric City Television
on Comcast Cable.
    He did some anchoring and a lot
of weather forecasting during his
years with Channel 22.
    He's shared the spotlight with a
lot of notable TV personalities over
the years. Debbie Donleavy, Kent
Wuestling, Sue Miller, Barbara
Monaco,  and........ "THE BAT!"
    Once again...No...not Bat Man!
    In one of the stations most
memorable newscasts  a
live bat invaded the studio while
the news was on the air!
     It was 34 years ago. But many
people still remember Derry coming
on set clutching onto a large broom!
     He was apparently ready to defend
himself and the rest of the news team!
      Derry and I were also part of the
WYOU Softball team back in the days
when I didn't need a pinch runner!
       He was a good player. And, always
ahead of the trends, wore his cap "Dude
style" long before any of us knew what
a "Dude" was!
       It was good to be back on the air
with him....without a broom or bat!
       Hope I can bring him back again
and that all your NEWS is good!



    
    


No comments:

Post a Comment