Tuesday, December 22, 2015

ALL IN THE FAMILY!


    WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 23RD.

          ALL IN THE FAMILY!      

        My wife and I attended a family
  reunion yesterday. Nothing unusual
  about that. Except we weren't
  related to anyone at the gathering!
  No! We weren't crashing! We were
  invited guests.
         You see everyone else at the
  reunion is related to my friend Bob.
  But I've know Bob longer than most
  of his blood relatives that attended.
  (A couple of his aunts have know
  him longer).
         They choose a local restaurant
  for the get together which was, I
  think, especially appropriate!
         Bob and I have been friends
  since we went to grade school
  together. He probably spent as much
  time at my house as his own when
  we growing up. I especially remember
  his appetite! If we had food left over
  after a meal and Bob stopped by we'd
  invite him to dig in and he never let
  us down. My Dad never needed a
  garbage disposal until Bob moved
  away. 
        Bob and I were a lot alike in some
  ways. We even skipped the Prom
  together. Neither of us had a girlfriend
  at the time or especially liked dancing
  so we went to see a movie.
         We've continued to see each other
  whenever possible through the years
  and call or write in between meetings.
  Those "years" now number well over
  60! So it was just sort of "natural" to
  join his family members for their
  annual reunion. I did make sure to
  eat all the food on my plate before
  Bob could check it out!
          Hope our friendship has a lot
  more meals and years to go and that
  all his, and your, NEWS is good!


        
           
 

No comments:

Post a Comment