Thursday, December 10, 2015

Hungy To Learn!

    FRIDAY, DECEMBER 11TH.

        HUNGRY TO LEARN!

    It's never too soon to start leaning.
So each week when our new grandson
comes to visit (he's 4-months-now) we
become teachers as well as grandparents.
     I always greet him by speaking to
him as though he was an adult. He seems
to enjoy it and my wife seems impressed
I can rise to that level!
      I've found a site on my computer on
which I can call up popular "learning
songs" like the "Alphabet Song" and the
"Wheels On The Bus" so he can learn a
few letters and a little about technology.
Where else can an infant learn that the
wipers on the bus go "swish, swish,
swish?" I don't think that song was
available when I was growing up. Had
I heard it I probably would have known
to replace that passenger side wiper
before it scratched the windshield last
year!
     Anyway, my wife decided her lesson
would involve a good book. We have one
that survived all of our kids and their kids
so far. It's made out of some rubberized
material and has pictures of a dog, a duck,
a fish, and several other animals.
You can see what they look like, how their
names are spelled and even get a little
squeak out of it if you press it in the
right spot.
     Or, if you're like my grandson, you
can try to eat the book! Like I say....he's
got a real appetite for education!
      Hope there's some good literature on
the menu and that all your NEWS is good!





No comments:

Post a Comment