Sunday, December 27, 2015

TRAIN-ING DAY!

  MONDAY, DECEMBER 28TH.

         TRAIN-ING DAY!

   It was not the "Last Train To
Clarksville." It was the last 2015
excursion train for the Lehigh
Gorge run. And it was the First
train ride for my 4-month-old
grandson! His sister is already
an accomplished rider having
made this same run once before.
   Their Dad and Mom invited me
along for the ride, knowing that
I too love riding on the rails.
   I was older that my grandson
but younger than my grand
daughter when I took my first
train ride. Near as I can figure
I was about 4 when my brother
and I joined my Mom and Dad
aboard the Liberty Limited for
a trip to Chicago.
   Since then I've been on trains
every chance I get. From Auto
train to Florida to the California
Zephyr and  VIVA Rail through
Canada. I enjoy the little one at
Knoebels too! It basically goes
round in a circle. But I do that a
lot even when I'm not riding a
train!
    Yesterday's excursion was
among my best because of my
traveling companions!
     I doubt my grandson will
have much of a memory of the
ride. But it's so great to know
that I went along, holding him
so he could see the world flying
by as fast as the years seem to be
passing for me.
     Hope we enjoy all the stops
along the way and that all their,
and your, NEWS is good!








    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment