Wednesday, December 9, 2015

WAITING FOR THE CALL!

   THURSDAY, DECEMBER 10TH.

      WAITING FOR THE CALL!

   I'm thinking I ought to sit by the
phone today.
   Last month I received a Facebook
message that this Blog had won a 1st
place award from Happenings
Magazine. In fact all the winners in
numerous categories are listed in the
magazine's December issue.
   Last December my Blog took 1st.
place in the "Best of 2014" competition
conducted by the Diamond City
publication.
   In both instances someone must
have nominated me without my
knowledge. So, the way I figure it,
it's probably one of you who are
reading this!
    Today I'm hoping the same person
(or persons) nominated me again.
You see this is Nobel Prize Day!
    When Swedish chemist Alfred Nobel
died on 10 December 1896, he left his
fortune to individuals or organizations
in all sorts of fields. There's a Nobel
Prize for Physics. One for Chemistry
and another for Medicine.
    And get this. There's one for
Literature! I'm thinking a Blog could
fit in that category! My Blogs have
been pretty peaceful too (except for
the ones about the water gun I bought
to chase cats) and there's a separate
Peace Prize.
     I loved receiving the Happenings
and Diamond City honors and the
certificates and food that came along
with them. But the Nobel Prize includes
over a million dollars and, well, you
know, it's nearly Christmas.
    Alfred Nobel made his fortune by
inventing dynamite so winning this one
would be a real blast!
    Hope you guys gave them my number
and that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment