Thursday, December 3, 2015

YUMMY, YUMMY!

   FRIDAY, DECEMBER 4TH.
 
         YUMMY, YUMMY!

     My grandson came for a visit
yesterday. At 4-months it doesn't
take a lot to keep him entertained.
A fresh bottle and a change every
now and then usually does the trick.
Perhaps a bit of cereal.
     I thought he might like a bit of
television too. But since none of
the programs I anchor were showing
at the time I decided to check the
cabinet in the game room where he
keep a supply of old video movies
on VHS tape. Yes, I still have two
VHS machines.
     I've got "Snow White" and the
"Goonies." But both of those were
a bit beyond his age level at this
stage.
    That's when I spotted two tapes
that seemed worth considering.
One featured "Barney." While it
might do I wasn't sure I could sit
through it. That big purple dinosaur
always seemed a little strange to me.
    I had to find something that would
appeal to a 4-month-old kid and a
73-year-old man. And the second
tape provided the answer. It was the
"Wiggles!" I always liked those
guys. Probably because they sang the
kind of songs I might write! You
might remember their classic...........
"Fruit Salad, Yummy, Yummy."
      The tape probably hadn't been played
since my teenage grand daughters were
4 or 5. But it still worked just fine and
the both of us enjoyed it. I know I did.
I think we need more "Wiggles" in the
world!
      Hope I've got a few more buried in
that room and that all your NEWS is good!


        

No comments:

Post a Comment