Friday, December 11, 2015

Certain Parties!

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 12TH.

       CERTAIN PARTIES

     My wife and I were invited to
the annual WBRE/WYOU Christmas
Party last night. We were grateful to
be included! I retired 6 years ago so,
to be honest, there were a lot of
people at that gathering I really
don't know. Some I've met but just
can't remember their names. A lot
of the "new kids" I've never seen
before.
       That always puts me in a
difficult spot. Someone will say
"Hi" and my wife asks who it was.
Or, worse yet, they begin a
conversation with me as my wife
stands or sits nearby. But I can't
introduce them. It's not that I don't
know any names. I always remember
my wife's!
       There's also a group there who
you don't know. But you really should!
The people you see on your TV screen
are usually hard workers who deserve
the credit they get.
        But there are many more people,
behind the scenes, who work to make
those of us on the air look and sound
good.
        I ran into some of them at the
party and seeing them again brought
back some great memories.
        Joe Butash and Jimmy Keenan
are two of the photographers who
worked hard to keep me in focus over
the years. It was great talking over old
times with them.
       Butash is still on the job as is
Lonnie Miller and his wife Dawn.
Lonnie is Chief Photographer at 28/
22 and his wife was my boss as my
Executive Producer when I was still
on the job. I probably talked with
her on the phone a lot more than she
talked with her husband back then!
      Lynda Parry is one of those
"secretaries" with whom the station
could not function. She's the boss's
right arm!
      And Becky Stitzer is a young
Produce who pulled an old reporter
(Me) back in to anchor the station's
anniversary special two years ago.
"Just when I thought I was out they,"
well I actually enjoyed it a lot!
          There are many more and, as I've
said, I don't know a lot of them. Even
so it was nice to spend an evening
together celebrating and, in my case,
remembering!
       Hope we do it more often and
that all their, and your, NEWS is
good!




 
       

No comments:

Post a Comment