Monday, December 21, 2015

K Marks The Spot!


   TUESDAY, DECEMBER 22ND.

       K MARKS THE SPOT!

      I spent some time doing
  Christmas shopping yesterday. I've
  pretty much given up holding off
  till Christmas eve. The bargains
  may be better. But there's a little
  too much pressure when you're
  actually racing Santa!
       My travels took me, among
  other places, to the Mark Plaza
  in  Edwardsville. I stopped into
  Kmart to check the price on an
  item I've been searching for.
  Kmart was an easy choice. It's
  the only store in the once busy
  shopping plaza!
      Back in 2011 a storm turned
 the nearby Toby Creek into a
 river and the Mark Plaza into a
 lake! All of the stores were
 flooded. And with the exception
 of a Long John Silver's seafood
 restaurant in front of the plaza
 Kmart was the only one to
 reopen.
       It seemed strange to see
the Kmart flanked on both sides
by dark, empty storefronts. But,
since I found what I wanted, the
store turned into a real treasure.
I guess you could say K-mart
marked the spot!
       It was a little like seeing
 one brightly decorated house
 in the middle of an otherwise
 dark block. It just takes a little
 light to cut through the darkness!
        The great thing, shopping
 "early" like this, is that I've got
 a couple days to wrap things.
 I don't have much. But I'm not
 a very good wrapper so it make
 take a couple days.
        Still hoping I can beat
 Santa...and that all your NEWS
 is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment