Wednesday, December 23, 2015

CHRISTMAS AT THE GARAGE!

  THURSDAY, DECEMBER 24TH.

   CHRISTMAS AT THE GARAGE!       

   Some of you may recall reading the
essence of this Blog before. But it's
about one of those "special" Christmas
traditions that really make the holiday
for me.
    And so, with just a few minor
alterations, I'd like to share it with you
again this Christmas season!
     There are all kinds of Christmas
traditions. Things like putting up the tree,
caroling, or decorating the house.
One that I really love is truly a "taste" of
Christmas.
     It takes place at a family owned
and operated garage not far from my
home. The family has deep Italian
roots. And Christmas is all about
family.
     Every year in the week leading up
to Christmas Day the owners set out
a spread which includes all kinds of
goodies!
    They bring most of the feast.
A few customers contribute too.
Yesterday I found all sorts of
cold cuts and cookies. There was
home made Italian pizza and bread.
      I came across this holiday spread
by accident a few years back when
I stopped in to have some minor
repairs to my car.
     It's a regular stop throughout the
year. They always have something
around the place for their lunch. And
they always share whatever it is with
anybody who comes it.
     Christmas week is a "must stop"
for those of us in the know. And
you don't have to have anything
wrong with your car to get an
invitation!
     I brought some Kielbasa to the
table. One of the mechanics quickly
cut it into bite sized pieces then
heated the smoked meal in a toaster
oven. It was delicious!
     The setting reminds me of the
old days in the neighborhood
barber shop where folks gathered
to do business, relax, and chat at
the same time.
    With a background of wheel
alignments and vehicle inspections
there's a true feeling of Christmas
in the place. And everybody is like
family!
      I didn't identify the establishment
when I initially published this Blog.
Theses guys sound car horns...not
their own.
     But I decided it's time they got some
well deserved recognition!
     It's Ledoretti's Auto Service along
Route 315 in Plains Township. I don't
think my Christmas would be complete
without a stop there just before Christmas
Eve. A few of the "regulars" were there,
yesterday enjoying Christmas by sharing
the food and each other's company!
      I topped off my visit with a cup of a
regional brew generally, though not
politically correctly, know as "Dago
Red," and a cordial "Buon Natale" to
these wonderful friends who gather
each year to share and celebrate
together.
      May they, and you, have a Merry
Christmas and good NEWS always!  
 



      

No comments:

Post a Comment