Wednesday, November 29, 2017

A DAY IN THE PARK!


    THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 30TH., 2017
                 A DAY IN THE PARK!

       Wednesday's sunny sky and 50 plus
degree temperatures prompted my wife and
I to hit the road for the day.
       We started a little later than I had
planned only because I asked my wife which
way she wanted to go. After a review of
possible destinations to the north, east, west,
and south produced no decision on her part
I headed south on Route 11 then took a
couple of back roads that led, eventually, to
the Berwick Test Track.
          I've written about this spot before but
it certainly deserves repeating.
           During World War II the AC&F Factory
in Berwick was manufacturing military tanks.
They were tested in an area right next to the
Susquehanna River.
           Now the area has been turned into a
park with picnic tables, sports fields, a boat
launch, and a walking trail.
            Since we didn't bring a lunch, soccer
ball, or boat we opted to try the trail!
            It was a great day for a stroll right
along side the gleaming Susquehanna and
to watch other folks taking advantage of
the park.
            Afterwards we stopped by a
Cracker Barrel in Bloomsburg for a great
meal and a run in with some former
viewers who remembered my days on the
news beat for stories in Columbia and
Northumberland Counties! It's nice to
be remembered!
            Hope you enjoyed your day and
that all your NEWS is good!




No comments:

Post a Comment